About Me

My photo
Just a note about me - I'm a crafter wanna be:o) and am enjoying every minute that I can work in my craftroom (aka the Girl's room). Its called the Girl's room because my daughter (and other female visitors) usually stay in this room. And because our two cats that we call "the Girls" love to come in and visit me when I'm crafting - otherwise they are locked out - they just love feathers, glitter and lace! I'm a member of West Branch Creative Arts Association which gives me an avenue to meet other crafters and support art in our community. And, I'm a "card carrying" member of the Red Hat Society. I belong to the Foxy Ladies Chapter, the Incredible Hatters and the Bionic Babes - our main focus is FUN and that's very easy with these ladies! Since retiring November of 2011, I can't believe how busy I've been - don't know how there was time to work!!!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Red Hat Lady

Here's a pic of my latest Red Hat lady project - I first covered a picture frame insert in fabric (just wrapped it around to the back and glued it down), then I hand-sewed a purple net petticoat and a velour dress.  Next I added some bling and lace trim.

Her hat is made of sequined trim which I sewed and then put over her forehead (that way you don't need to add hair).  Added a few fluffy red feathers and one purple in the front, just for flair!! 

Then I stitched and glued and stitched and glued everything to the fabric insert and put it back into its frame - just be careful so her feathers and petticoat doesn't get stuck in the frame!  This Lady is ready for a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment