About Me

My photo
Just a note about me - I'm a crafter wanna be:o) and am enjoying every minute that I can work in my craftroom (aka the Girl's room). Its called the Girl's room because my daughter (and other female visitors) usually stay in this room. And because our two cats that we call "the Girls" love to come in and visit me when I'm crafting - otherwise they are locked out - they just love feathers, glitter and lace! I'm a member of West Branch Creative Arts Association which gives me an avenue to meet other crafters and support art in our community. And, I'm a "card carrying" member of the Red Hat Society. I belong to the Foxy Ladies Chapter, the Incredible Hatters and the Bionic Babes - our main focus is FUN and that's very easy with these ladies! Since retiring November of 2011, I can't believe how busy I've been - don't know how there was time to work!!!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Red Hat Fun!

Have you ever wanted to join a group of women that enjoy getting together and having FUN?   Well that is exactly what the Red Hat Society is - FUN!

Ladies who are nicely aged (over 50) wear red hats and purple clothes and our sisters who are under-age (that is under 50) wear pink hats and lavender clothes.  And, since this all about FUN - there really isn't a dress code - some of us love dressing up with all the bling and some are more casual - its all about what you want to do - did I mention FUN?

I belong to two Chapters - one is made up of 3 ladies and the other has more than 40!!   And, sometimes I (we) join up with other Chapters to attend events.  Its all about sharing time with each other.

Ok, so you don't know what an "event' is?  It can be anything from a meal to attending a play.  I've been to a pajama party at a local restaurant and to a progressive lunch at 3 of our sisters' homes - and everything in between!

So, from time to time I'll be sharing some of our FUN and a few pictures.  If you decide that this may be something you'd like to do send me an email or visit www.redhatsociety.com  We love to have you join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment