About Me

My photo
Just a note about me - I'm a crafter wanna be:o) and am enjoying every minute that I can work in my craftroom (aka the Girl's room). Its called the Girl's room because my daughter (and other female visitors) usually stay in this room. And because our two cats that we call "the Girls" love to come in and visit me when I'm crafting - otherwise they are locked out - they just love feathers, glitter and lace! I'm a member of West Branch Creative Arts Association which gives me an avenue to meet other crafters and support art in our community. And, I'm a "card carrying" member of the Red Hat Society. I belong to the Foxy Ladies Chapter, the Incredible Hatters and the Bionic Babes - our main focus is FUN and that's very easy with these ladies! Since retiring November of 2011, I can't believe how busy I've been - don't know how there was time to work!!!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Birthday Hat!!

Well, I've finally finished the purple birthday hat!  Red Hatters wear red hats all year, except during their birthday month - then we were purple hats!!!  So here's what I did to decorate the base hat - made a pretty purple ruffled flower and added a bit of bling in the center, sewed red crystals to ruffled lace and sewed it on the hat.  Then, I sewed some really fluffy purple feathers and a few skinny, stiff looking accent feathers and sewed it to the hat under the flower!! 

I'll be dropping this off at the Gift Shop tomorrow and hopefully someone will love it as much as I do!!!!


           Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment