About Me

My photo
Just a note about me - I'm a crafter wanna be:o) and am enjoying every minute that I can work in my craftroom (aka the Girl's room). Its called the Girl's room because my daughter (and other female visitors) usually stay in this room. And because our two cats that we call "the Girls" love to come in and visit me when I'm crafting - otherwise they are locked out - they just love feathers, glitter and lace! I'm a member of West Branch Creative Arts Association which gives me an avenue to meet other crafters and support art in our community. And, I'm a "card carrying" member of the Red Hat Society. I belong to the Foxy Ladies Chapter, the Incredible Hatters and the Bionic Babes - our main focus is FUN and that's very easy with these ladies! Since retiring November of 2011, I can't believe how busy I've been - don't know how there was time to work!!!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sister Talk!

Just had to call my sister Helen tonight and brag a little about the cute little jars of strawberry jam that I made with berries from my garden!  Aren't they too cute?  Love the 1/2 pint jars that are wide mouths.  This is the first time I've canned strawberry jam - always made freezer jam.  I shared a jar with my neighbor and friend Kathy - she's my taste tester (I don't eat full sugar foods so this tasted way too sweet) but she rated it delicious!!!  So I'll be entering a jar in our County Fair - wish me luck!!










And of course, I had to share a picture of the purple hat that I added ruffled lace trim and red crystals to as decoration - all are handsewn - no glue for this little hat!  Now I'm making a pretty flower and some feathers and this little hat will be ready to sell.

 
I'm heading back to my craftroom to finish some of the projects I have on the table.  Will be glad to finish and start some new!!

Have a great evening and stop by again when you have time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment