About Me

My photo
Just a note about me - I'm a crafter wanna be:o) and am enjoying every minute that I can work in my craftroom (aka the Girl's room). Its called the Girl's room because my daughter (and other female visitors) usually stay in this room. And because our two cats that we call "the Girls" love to come in and visit me when I'm crafting - otherwise they are locked out - they just love feathers, glitter and lace! I'm a member of West Branch Creative Arts Association which gives me an avenue to meet other crafters and support art in our community. And, I'm a "card carrying" member of the Red Hat Society. I belong to the Foxy Ladies Chapter, the Incredible Hatters and the Bionic Babes - our main focus is FUN and that's very easy with these ladies! Since retiring November of 2011, I can't believe how busy I've been - don't know how there was time to work!!!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cookies on Parade!

We just finished with our Cookies on Parade! sale at the 4th Street Gift Shop.  This was our biggest cookie sale to date.   Our members donated some beautiful and delicious cookies and candies for our sale - all the proceeds go to scholorships for local youth artists. 

There were so many cookies donated we had some left after we closed the sale at the Gift Shop so we took the cookies down to Home Depot and set up a table there.  Our Cookie Chairperson, Dorothy, stayed and sold cookies to customers and some of the employees!

Now here's a few yummy pictures of cookies to make you hungry!  There's just too many cookies to put all the pictures here.

I made a traditional oatmeal cookie with raisins and walnuts - with sprinkles on top of course.  And, a delicious fruity vanilla cookie with red and green cherries, dates and walnuts - soft and lightly sweet!!!


Of course we had to have sugar cookies with decorations - wouldn't be Christmas without these!

Don made peanut brittle and wrapped them in these cute bags with reindeer tags!!

No comments:

Post a Comment